Past few days I’ve been hankering for the taste of cilantro; salads, stir fry’s, nibbling during food prep, made me wonder, what’s it good for…
What I found was so amazing, I had to pass it on!
Cilantro works on your digestion, blood sugar, blood pressure, kidneys, & vision!
1. Cilantro has a variety of properties that help as a digestive aid. According to the Utah State University Extension Service. It may be beneficial at preventing gastrointestinal infections, inflammation, bloating and heartburn.
2. Cilantro contains no cholesterol; however, it is rich in antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins, and dietary fiber, which help reduce LDL or “bad cholesterol” while increasing HDL or “good cholesterol” levels.
3. Antioxidant helps blood vessels, and it seems “the effects of cilantro leaf extract may help protect arteries, Phenolic and flavonoid antioxidants in cilantro lowered blood sugar and triglyceride levels according to an animal study published in the July 2012 “Journal of Food Science.” Cilantro lowered blood pressure in a tissue culture study published in the February 2009 “Journal of Ethnopharmacology.”
4. Cilantro seeds may have the ability to protect arteries by lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Cilantro & Arteries
5. The researchers discovered that cilantro leaves have antibacterial benefits against Salmonella species, commonly contaminating food and causing digestive problems with severe gastrointestinal symptoms. Good to eat as a precaution, when eating out:).
6. Cilantro demonstrated the ability to detoxify mercury from contaminated ground water in a test tube study published in the February 2005 issue of the “Journal of Hazardous Materials.” Researchers concluded that cilantro shows promise as a natural method of water purification.
7. Cilantro contains Vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin known as retinol. This vitamin is important for good vision, fetal development and cell reproduction. It is also an antioxidant, which boosts the immune system. Four ounces of cilantro has more than 7,625 international units, over 100 percent of the recommend daily value!
8. Cilantro is useful for removing mercury, a toxic metal that decreases the kidneys’ ability to filter and increases risk for kidney disease. 25 days of supplementation with cilantro decreased lead levels in the body and reduced lead-induced kidney damage.
9. Antioxidant benefits of cilantro seeds, also known as coriander, may help prevent diabetes-related kidney damage, according to a study published in the “Indian Journal of Experimental Biology.”
10. This flavorful herb also helps prevent urinary tract infections and has antibacterial effects on bacteria and fungi.
3 Days To Clean Eating
Get Yours Now!
Have you lost your way?
Here's A Jump start For Lasting Changes You Crave...
Get My 3 Days To Clean Eating, and begin the path back to your healthiest You!
With love, to you!