Everything has side effects right? Have you noticed the long list of side effects seems pharmaceutical medications have? Seems only right to look at the side effects of drinking water. Careful it could become addictive.
- Controlled Calories. Drinking water is definitely a weight loss strategy. It doesn’t have magical effects on weight loss, but substituting it for higher calorie beverages is a big lifestyle change.
- Glowing Skin. Your skin contains plenty of water, and is a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Lots of “drinking” won’t erase your wrinkles or fine lines, according to derm Kenneth Ellner, MD. “Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can improve with proper hydration,” he says. (Look in the mirror your skin will tell you, do you need to be drinking more water?)
- Energize Your Muscles. Cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes can shrivel, and fatigue faster. “You’re performance in exercising can really suffer and you can feel more fatigued and struggle to do your workout.
- Better Working Kidneys. “Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate,” According to Guest. By drinking enough water you help them do their job.
- Regularity Baby. Good hydration keeps things flowing along the gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation. When there’s not enough fluid, the colon pulls water from stools to maintain hydration – otherwise you get constipation.
- Improve Your Mood. Research indicates that mild dehydration (even one or two percent lower hydration level of hydration than optimal) can negatively affect your mood and ability to think.
7. Treat Your Headaches and Migraines. Prone to headaches or migraines? The first thing to do is drink more water. Headaches and migraines are often caused by dehydration.
Do you need to drink more water? If you struggle to drink enough water and other habits for living healthy Get my 7 Day Check List with Affirmations Your Daily Plan For Feeling Fabulous!
Sign up for free below