I am presenting a talk and I was thinking how easy it is to be toxic in this life we are living. Here are a few of the ways. Food being a big one, most of us are eating at least three times a day and the choices we make completely effects the way we function. And if your daily food intake includes fast food, coffee, sugar the toxics are immediately adding up, but those are the obvious ones. But what about the less obvious ones? What if you do eat more veggies, but you don’t want to spend the money to buy organic, or if you aren’t convinced there is a difference, the EWG (environmental working group) says there are an abundance of pesticides particularly present on these, and these are the ones you most want to avoid if you are at all concerned that what you eat matters, skip the •Apples•Strawberries•Grapes•Celery•Peaches•Spinach•Sweet Bell Peppers•Nectarines, imported•Cucumbers•Potatoes•Cherry Tomatoes•Hot Peppers•Kale/Collard Greens•Summer Squash.
And save your money from buying organic and eat these conventionally grown because there are so few pesticides being recorded it’s not worth putting the dollars into them in case you really want to then go all out but here is this list…
What about household products? What are kind of toothpaste do you use? What kind of detergent do you wash your clothes with? All of these add extra toxins to your body and then the liver has to work that much harder to clean the toxics out of the body. Here are some common household chemicals you want to be aware of to eliminate and replace with natural cleaners, like essential oils.
- Propylene Glycol (PG) and Butylene Glycol: Found in antifreeze. Strong enough to remove barnacles from boats. These have chemicals have been found to cause adverse health effects : contact dermatitis, kidney damage and liver abnormalities; Inhibit skin cell growth in human tests; Damage cell membranes causing rashes, dry skin and surface damage to the skin. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) considers PG so toxic that workers are required to wear protective clothing and to dispose of it by burying it in the ground.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate: Detergents used in garage floor cleaners, engine degreasers, and 90 percent of cosmetics that foam. Animals exposed to SLS experience eye damage, depression, labored breathing, and even death. Engine Degreaser, Garage/Concrete Floor Cleaner, Car Wash Soap; Surrounds hair follicle in shampoo to keep it from growing, causes hair to fall out; keeps children’s eyes from developing properly, causes cataracts in older people; In Toothpaste: Weakens enamel on teeth to cause cavities: SLS is very abrasive and may burn the skin, mouth, Canker sores, or scalp.
- Diethanolamine (DEA), Monoethanolamine (MEA) and Triethanolamine (TEA): Hormone disrupting chemicals that can form cancer-causing nitrates. In shampoo, shaving cream and bubble baths. Restricted in Europe. DEA is readily absorbed through the skin, is a potentially cancer causing ingredient found in many mainstream cosmetics and toiletries. Reacts with nitrates in cosmetics to form another potential carcinogen/DEA. Your blood cells immediately take it through your skin to the body’s organs we need: Liver, Kidneys, Heart, etc..
- Phthalates: Large group of chemical compounds used in cosmetics such as nail polish. Affects lung, liver and kidney in the developing testes of male embryos.
- Triclosan: Synthetic antibacterial with chemical structure similar to Agent Orange. EPA registers it as a pesticide. In a class of chemicals suspected of causing cancer.
- DMDM and Imidazolidinyl (Urea): Two of many preservatives often releasing formaldehyde that may cause many symptoms, including joint pain, allergies, depression, headaches, and chest pains.
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG): Carcinogenic petroleum ingredient that leaves the skin vulnerable to bacteria. In oven-cleaners and used to dissolve oil and grease.
- Parobens: Found in underarm deodorants and other cosmetics. These chemicals have been discovered in breast cancer tissue.
- Alcohol, Isopropyl (50-40): Drying, irritating solvent that strips skin of moisture, creating vulnerability to bacteria and viruses. Made from a petroleum derivative also found in shellac and antifreeze.
- Mineral Oil: Coats skin like plastic, interfering with ability to eliminate toxins. Promotes acne and slows down skin and cell development. Causes premature aging of skin.
- FD&C Color pigments: Synthetics from coal tar that deposit toxins on skin. Absorption into body can cause depletion of oxygen and death. Animal studies have shown almost all are carcinogenic..
- Fragrances: Many toxic and carcinogenic. Some contain animal urine. Cause a host of symptoms and affect the nervous system.
What is one item you can change today to make a difference? One hidden item is toothpaste, when we brush our teeth the toothpaste is going into the blood stream, what are the chemicals in yours? I look forward to hearing what you discover in your personal quest for detoxing. If you would like some help I would love to help you, remotely or in person, let’s talk. I look forward to hearing from you and hearing your results to living more whole~ly you.
Living Mindfully Holistic Health Coaching
3 Days To Clean Eating
Get Yours Now!
Have you lost your way?
Here's A Jump start For Lasting Changes You Crave...
Get My 3 Days To Clean Eating, and begin the path back to your healthiest You!
With love, to you!